Measurement of the 35Cl(n,p) and 35Cl(n,a)
Highlights / Results
- The 35Cl(n,p)35S and 35Cl(n,a)32P reactions were measured using quasi-monoenergetic neutrons from the High Flux Neutron Generator (HFNG).
- The cross-section for 35Cl(n,a) agrees somewhat well with ENDF calculations.
- The 35Cl(n,p)35S cross-section is much lower than the ENDF/B-VII value.
- Structure is observed in the 35Cl(n,p) reaction, consistent with a previously observed level at 11.24 MeV.
- This finding highlights the need for additional energy differential measurements to better understand reactions in this intermediate energy region.
- The results have been published in Physical Review C, and input into EXFOR is in process.